Hacked By Imam with Love
The Comparison begins
Every year the WardsAuto’s editors go through and choose the top 10 powertrain systems in the automotive industry. This year, the 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 hybrid propulsion system was found in the all-new 2017 Chrysler Pacifica. Thus, earning a spot on the Wards 10 Best Engines List for 2017 for the Pacifica.
WardsAuto Senior Content Director Drew Winter was quoted saying “We were wowed by the Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid’s seamless operation,” and “The eFlite transmission shifts between pure electric mode and a combination of electric and gasoline engine propulsion without a hiccup.”
Inside the list maker
With this available hybrid powertrain, the Pacifica is the most fuel-efficient minivan ever. Drivers will get up to 33 miles of pure electric driving and a total range of 566 miles. In addition, it gets an EPA-estimated 84 MPGe combined. The 3.6-liter V6 is paired with an eFlite electrically variable transmission, allowing for a smooth transition between electric driving and the gasoline engine.
This is the seventh year in a row that FCA US has been recognized in this prestigious list. In total, the FCA has achieved this recognition 17 times. The innovative plug-in hybrid powertrain on the 2017 Pacifica is the first of its kind in the minivan segment.
Are you as excited by a hybrid option in a minivan as we are here at Warsaw Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram?
Winter can be a real drag for some. The days are shorter, the weather is colder and it all adds up to the desire to stay under the blankets longer each morning. If you’re having trouble beating the winter blues, try some of these tips that are proven to help improve your mood.
Let in the Light
One of the reasons people can get down in the winter is the lack of sunlight. Make a point of opening the blinds and sitting near the window when the sun is up. Or, force yourself to bundle up and take a walk outside each day for 15 to 20 minutes to get a good dosage of vitamin D.
Not only does exercising release endorphins (which help cheer you up) but it’s an excuse to get up and get out of the house. Getting your body moving will help you feel better physically and, ultimately, emotionally.
For an extra boost, listen to some upbeat music while you exercise. Research has shown that happier music improves moods in the moment and in the long run.
If you feel like winter will never end, remind yourself that it will by planning a sunny vacation. Focusing on the warmer season that’s only months away has been proven to improve moods, promising, as always, that the sun will come out tomorrow.
Do you think this is good advice? Let all of us at Warsaw Buick GMC in Warsaw, IN know in the comments below!
For 2016, the Buick Envision only got a couple trim levels for its introduction to the market with the Premium I and II models. These two models, while powerful and well-equipped, were less affordable than some of Buick’s other offerings. However, for 2017, the new Envision trims will slot in underneath the Premium trim levels and offer features like a separate engine option in order to give budget-conscious buyers a less expensive way to purchase the all-new crossover in Buick’s lineup.
The new trim levels are called the Base, Preferred, and Essence models and as mentioned above, rank below the Premium I and II trims. Their sticker price, however, reflects this, as they are significantly more affordable to a wider market of consumers. Additionally, the new trim levels will come standard with a new 2.5-liter inline-4 engine that’s less powerful than the engines on the Premium models.
The new Envision trims open up the Buick Envision’s lineup to provide customers with more affordable options for the powertrain, interior, and more. As a result, the 2017 model will be able to reach more people. Buick hopes teasing the public with the Premium trims for 2016 will attract more curious eyes to the nameplate and to the brand.
We associate a lot of things with the holiday season—snow, Christmas lights, pine trees, mistletoe, and Santa Claus. One of the most beloved symbols associated with Christmas is reindeer, and if you love reindeer or animals in general, then you’re in luck! This December, Milford is welcoming reindeer to the Milford Community Building for a Live Reindeer Visit on the 15th. Bring the whole family to meet the graceful creatures known for pulling Santa’s sleigh.
The visit will be totally open to the public and free, but make sure you mark your calendars—the event only lasts an hour, from 6:30 to 7:30 on Thursday, December 15th. The reindeer will be accompanied by an attendant dressed as one of Santa’s elves, and there may be other animals there native to the North Pole so your little ones can meet and interact with all kinds of fun and interesting creatures.
If you want to keep a memory of the Live Reindeer Visit, you and your family can even get a photo with the reindeer after the event is over. Make sure to visit Milford for this rare opportunity to see a real life reindeer and friends at the local public library for education and fun.
The holidays are right around the corner so now is the time to make the proper travel arrangements. Outside of making arrangements, there are quite a few steps you can take to ensure a happy holiday. We here at Warsaw CDJR have some helpful Thanksgiving travel tips to make your holiday a relaxing one!
- Pack Light – Taking the time to pack light can save you some major hassle when packing the car or heading through airport security. It can also save you a good chunk of change on extra baggage fees. Take only what you need and ship things that aren’t necessary, like extra clothes, to your destination through the mail.
- Technology – Use technology to your advantage this holiday season. Flyers can access their flight information and other pertinent details through apps on their smartphone. Some apps even show users maps of the airport. Drivers can use navigation systems that provide real-time directions to avoid accidents and find the fastest route.
- Call Ahead – It’s understandable that you simply want to get to your destination as fast as possible but don’t forget to call ahead. Giving your hosts a 15-minute notice of your arrival will give them time to finish what they’re doing and reduce their stress as well as your own this holiday season.
Buick’s sales are trending upward fast and the brand officially passed the one million sales mark back in September. That’s the earliest in history that the brand has ever surpassed a million sales. Buick’s 2016 sales are largely thanks to a single market and it isn’t the United States. China became the largest automotive market within the past few years and with Buick’s most recent sales numbers, it easy to see why.
China makes up a whopping 82% of Buick’s sales. That’s more than five times what the United States makes up. In all, more than 860,000 Buicks were sold by the end of September in China alone.
The Buick Envision reached the United States market back in July and about 6,100 have been sold since. By comparison, Chinese drivers have bought nearly 140,000. There’s little doubt the luxury crossover is popular in China.
American drivers have opted for the smaller Buick Encore, making it the best-selling model in the United States. In all, the entry-level luxury brand has six vehicles available in the United States. One model, the Verano, will leave the United States within the next few years but will continue to be sold in China.
We here at Warsaw Buick GMC hope some innovative vehicles make their way to our shores!
Thanksgiving is a time for families and friends to come together over a wonderful meal and enjoy one another’s company. Unfortunately, you all have to come together first and that alone can be a major problem. Traveling during the holidays is never easy but there are things you can do to streamline your adventure. Here are some easy-to-follow Thanksgiving travel tips from us here at Warsaw Buick GMC!
- Pack Light – Whether you’re boarding a flight or hitting the road, packing light is one of the easiest ways to make traveling easier. Flyers can avoid expensive baggage fees by packing everything they need into a carry-on bag. Drivers can avoid the hassle of loading, shifting, and squeezing luggage into the car. Instead bringing everything you need, consider shipping your belongings to your destination through the mail. It’s cheaper and easier.
- Use Technology – Apps can do almost anything, including help navigate the roads. Navigation apps tend to use real-time information to plan your route. That means that sitting in congestion and traffic jams are a thing of the past – or they could be. Those who choose to fly can use airline apps to access flight information and see a full layout of some airports.
- Notify Hosts – A simple phone call telling your hosts when you’ll be arriving can relieve stress all around. Your hosts can finish what they’re doing and you can all kick back, relax, and catch up.
October has arrived which means it’s time to start gearing up for Halloween. Start buying candy to hand out and get the kids into costume for trick-or-treat night. There will be a ton of kids and adults alike so it’s important to stay safe this Halloween. Here are some Halloween safety tips to ensure everyone has a great night of trick-or-treating!
- Costumes – A child’s costume is the most important part of Halloween. That’s why the costume should fit well to avoid any accidental falls. Avoid masks when possible as they could obstruct a child’s view. Instead, use makeup or face paint. Attach a glow stick to your child’s costume or candy bag to make them easier to spot among the masses as well.
- Walking – Parents should make sure children know the rules of crossing the street. Use crosswalks when possible and look both ways before stepping foot onto the pavement. Make eye contact with the driver before crossing as well. Finally, minimize distractions by keeping your devices out of sight.
- Driving – Avoid driving during trick-or-treat night. See what your local area’s hours are and make sure to keep a sharp eye if you’re on the road during that time. Turn off the radio and listen closely as children tend to be loud. Most importantly, slow down!
Happy Halloween from all of us here at Warsaw CDJR!
With winter just around the corner, it’s time to start thinking about how to prevent car rust for when the snow and salt hits the ground. Stop the salt from tearing apart your vehicle by following these simple tips to prevent car rust.
Wash Your Car Early
As fall comes to a close, it’s important that you was your car thoroughly and apply a fresh coat of wax to the paint to prevent any salt from attaching itself directly to the paint. ‘
Pay close attention to the undercarriage of your vehicle, and seal the brake and fuel lines to prevent them from corroding. If this happens, your safety is at risk.
Clean your vehicle periodically throughout the entire winter. One wash in the beginning of the winter simply is not enough to protect your car. When washing in the cold weather, heating up your vehicle and towel allows the wax to spread much easier.
If you are planning on washing your vehicle yourself, dry your car off thoroughly to prevent doors and hoods from freezing shut.
By following these few simple tips in the winter months, you will keep your vehicle from rusting out around the edges and causing you headaches down the line.