It’s almost here, the season that we’ve all been yearning for: Spring! And with this new season comes the ever-popular spring break journey – so here are some road trip driving tips.
Before you leave:
- Make sure you have all needed documentation with you such as: drivers license, proof of car insurance, and vehicle registration.
- Take your car into the shop for routine maintenance. A qualified technician can de-winterize your vehicle by checking your tire tread/inflation, fluids, oil, engine, and brakes.
- Make sure you are well rested. Studies have shown that driving while fatigued can be just as dangerous as driving while intoxicated. If you are feeling tired, pass driving responsibilities on to someone else if able. Also be sure to take plenty of breaks along your journey to stretch out your legs and regain travel momentum.
- Stay on well-traveled roads. Not only is this for safety purposes, but also it is easier for rescue vehicles to reach you if assistance if needed.
- Drive safely. Make sure everyone in the vehicle is wearing their seatbelts and never check text messages or answer phone calls while driving.
We at Warsaw CDJR wish all of our readers a happy spring wherever your journeys may take you.