There are fifty separate states that make up our country. However, our favorite of them all has to be Indiana. And that is not just because we live there! There are plenty of things about Indiana that many people are not aware of. Here are 5 interesting facts about Indiana.
- While Indiana may not be the state with the most presidents, it may just be the state with the most vice presidents instead. A whopping five different vice presidents have all come from Indiana!
- If you love popcorn, then you can thank Indiana for it. Indiana produces more than 20 percent of the nation’s popcorn supply.
- People from Indiana are commonly referred to as Hoosiers. However, even we don’t exactly know where this word originated from!
- Kentucky Fried Chicken is famous around the country. But the real Colonel Harland David Sanders hails from our state of Indiana!
- Plenty of towns across the country can have abnormal laws. Take Gary, Indiana, for instance, where it is illegal to attend a public gathering within four hours of eating either garlic or onion.
Now that you know a little more about our great and sometimes odd state of Indiana, be sure to make the trip up here!