Financial responsibility is an important skill that everyone should have. If parents teach kids to save money early on, then these children can grow up to feel confident and secure in their financial decisions. Use these tricks brought to you by Warsaw Buick GMC to make financing fun for both you and your little ones.
Use Different Jars
Having goal-specific jars for short- and long-term financial goals can help children understand what they’re working for in saving their money. Kids can decorate jars with images of what they are saving for which will encourage discipline.
Make a Chart
Visual aids can be very helpful in getting children to understand progress. Make a chart with a square for each week’s allowance. Kids can put a sticker in the square when they’ve set aside their savings. This will allow them to watch their money grow and see how many weeks of disciplined savings it takes to get there.
Set an Example
It may not always feel like it, but children look up to their guardians. If your kids see you saving money, too, they’ll enjoy following your lead. Make your own money jar, or use our DIY piggy bank craft to create fun and easy matching containers for your savings. While you and your kids pursue financial goals together, you’ll both be inspired to stay on track and save more in the future.
Saving for a car can be a serious challenge. But for the best financing at places like Warsaw Buick GMC, you should have enough to make a good down payment. You can make saving money more fun for yourself by getting your kids involved, and teaching them the value of financial responsibility as well. Use this DIY piggy bank craft to have a finance-oriented craft day that will encourage you both to save your pennies and your dollars for future investments.
Start by gathering one empty water bottle for each bank, plus colored craft paper, scissors, glue, paint and a paint brush, a pencil, and four wooden beads for each bank.
Your water bottle will magically turn into a piggy bank when it’s situated on its side with the cap as the snout and the coin slot cut into the top. Clean and wash your bottle, then cut a piece of colored paper to wrap around where the label used to be, cutting a slot out of this piece of paper as well. Next, cut ear shapes out of your paper, then trace your paper with the bottle cap for a snout-sized piece that you can glue onto the cap. Paint on eyes and other facial details, and glue on the four beads for the piggy bank’s feet.
Once you and your kids have finished assembling your DIY piggy bank, you can start slipping money through the coin slot on a regular basis. When it’s time to access it, you can simply untwist the bottle cap, empty the bank, and start your savings over again.
The holidays are right around the corner so now is the time to make the proper travel arrangements. Outside of making arrangements, there are quite a few steps you can take to ensure a happy holiday. We here at Warsaw CDJR have some helpful Thanksgiving travel tips to make your holiday a relaxing one!
- Pack Light – Taking the time to pack light can save you some major hassle when packing the car or heading through airport security. It can also save you a good chunk of change on extra baggage fees. Take only what you need and ship things that aren’t necessary, like extra clothes, to your destination through the mail.
- Technology – Use technology to your advantage this holiday season. Flyers can access their flight information and other pertinent details through apps on their smartphone. Some apps even show users maps of the airport. Drivers can use navigation systems that provide real-time directions to avoid accidents and find the fastest route.
- Call Ahead – It’s understandable that you simply want to get to your destination as fast as possible but don’t forget to call ahead. Giving your hosts a 15-minute notice of your arrival will give them time to finish what they’re doing and reduce their stress as well as your own this holiday season.
Thanksgiving is a time for families and friends to come together over a wonderful meal and enjoy one another’s company. Unfortunately, you all have to come together first and that alone can be a major problem. Traveling during the holidays is never easy but there are things you can do to streamline your adventure. Here are some easy-to-follow Thanksgiving travel tips from us here at Warsaw Buick GMC!
- Pack Light – Whether you’re boarding a flight or hitting the road, packing light is one of the easiest ways to make traveling easier. Flyers can avoid expensive baggage fees by packing everything they need into a carry-on bag. Drivers can avoid the hassle of loading, shifting, and squeezing luggage into the car. Instead bringing everything you need, consider shipping your belongings to your destination through the mail. It’s cheaper and easier.
- Use Technology – Apps can do almost anything, including help navigate the roads. Navigation apps tend to use real-time information to plan your route. That means that sitting in congestion and traffic jams are a thing of the past – or they could be. Those who choose to fly can use airline apps to access flight information and see a full layout of some airports.
- Notify Hosts – A simple phone call telling your hosts when you’ll be arriving can relieve stress all around. Your hosts can finish what they’re doing and you can all kick back, relax, and catch up.
October has arrived which means it’s time to start gearing up for Halloween. Start buying candy to hand out and get the kids into costume for trick-or-treat night. There will be a ton of kids and adults alike so it’s important to stay safe this Halloween. Here are some Halloween safety tips to ensure everyone has a great night of trick-or-treating!
- Costumes – A child’s costume is the most important part of Halloween. That’s why the costume should fit well to avoid any accidental falls. Avoid masks when possible as they could obstruct a child’s view. Instead, use makeup or face paint. Attach a glow stick to your child’s costume or candy bag to make them easier to spot among the masses as well.
- Walking – Parents should make sure children know the rules of crossing the street. Use crosswalks when possible and look both ways before stepping foot onto the pavement. Make eye contact with the driver before crossing as well. Finally, minimize distractions by keeping your devices out of sight.
- Driving – Avoid driving during trick-or-treat night. See what your local area’s hours are and make sure to keep a sharp eye if you’re on the road during that time. Turn off the radio and listen closely as children tend to be loud. Most importantly, slow down!
Happy Halloween from all of us here at Warsaw CDJR!
With winter just around the corner, it’s time to start thinking about how to prevent car rust for when the snow and salt hits the ground. Stop the salt from tearing apart your vehicle by following these simple tips to prevent car rust.
Wash Your Car Early
As fall comes to a close, it’s important that you was your car thoroughly and apply a fresh coat of wax to the paint to prevent any salt from attaching itself directly to the paint. ‘
Pay close attention to the undercarriage of your vehicle, and seal the brake and fuel lines to prevent them from corroding. If this happens, your safety is at risk.
Clean your vehicle periodically throughout the entire winter. One wash in the beginning of the winter simply is not enough to protect your car. When washing in the cold weather, heating up your vehicle and towel allows the wax to spread much easier.
If you are planning on washing your vehicle yourself, dry your car off thoroughly to prevent doors and hoods from freezing shut.
By following these few simple tips in the winter months, you will keep your vehicle from rusting out around the edges and causing you headaches down the line.
With so many options on the car market today, it can be tempting to purchase a vehicle without even thinking about what country it came from. However, there are many reasons to buy an American car. Just see the list below!
- Quality is Improving – One concern that people have had about American cars is that the quality was not up to par with foreign vehicles, but that is changing quickly. For example, in a J.D. Powerdependability study, Buick tied Jaguar at the top of the list.
- Style is Unmatched – While there are plenty of unique foreign cars, there aren’t very many that match the style of Camaros, Corvettes, Chargers, G8s, or Mustangs.
- Prices are Low – As they are still recovering from the controversy that surrounded them just a few years ago, the big three are winning customers back by offering their vehicles at much lower prices than their foreign counterparts, so it’s easy to get a bargain price on a quality car.
- Support Your Country – While some did not support the bailout, there’s no doubt that a thriving automotive industry in America would be great for the country. By buying American, you are supporting an industry that creates jobs for Americans.
All drivers are guilty of “driving on empty” at least once, whether or not they like to admit it. Sometimes, you just aren’t paying attention, and before you know it, the light comes on. You are almost out of gas, with no gas station in sight.
Of course, your car will not stop moving mere moments after the indicator light comes on. Most vehicles can drive for a significant amount of time afterwards, giving the time needed to make it to a station.
However, the effects of running on empty include more than the stress of thinking you may run out at any moment. During this time, dirt and other contaminants can become suspended in your fuel, blocking up the filter. The fuel pump can even overheat or affect both the power steering and brakes.
Always fuel up before a long trip, and try to familiarize yourself with gas stations in new areas – if not for your peace mind, then for your car’s longevity. For more tips, visit us anytime at Warsaw Buick GMC.
While many of us are either constantly thinking about the future or stuck in the past, others have begin to turn towards a new focus: mindfulness – a concept that refers to focusing on what is happening currently, or “living in the moment.”
By living in the moment and celebrating what you have, you can lower your stress levels and allow yourself to be a happier, more deliberate person. Those who regularly practice mindfulness also maintain higher levels of general clarity.
Plus, mindfulness doesn’t have to involve the practice of meditation or any other changes to your daily schedule. You can practice mindfulness on the road, at work, or even while chatting with a friend.
If you are trying to reduce the clutter in your life, replacing it with peace of mind, try to be a bit more mindful. For additional tips on how to be more mindful, lower your stress levels, and live with clarity, head over to the official website.