October has arrived which means it’s time to start gearing up for Halloween. Start buying candy to hand out and get the kids into costume for trick-or-treat night. There will be a ton of kids and adults alike so it’s important to stay safe this Halloween. Here are some Halloween safety tips to ensure everyone has a great night of trick-or-treating!
- Costumes – A child’s costume is the most important part of Halloween. That’s why the costume should fit well to avoid any accidental falls. Avoid masks when possible as they could obstruct a child’s view. Instead, use makeup or face paint. Attach a glow stick to your child’s costume or candy bag to make them easier to spot among the masses as well.
- Walking – Parents should make sure children know the rules of crossing the street. Use crosswalks when possible and look both ways before stepping foot onto the pavement. Make eye contact with the driver before crossing as well. Finally, minimize distractions by keeping your devices out of sight.
- Driving – Avoid driving during trick-or-treat night. See what your local area’s hours are and make sure to keep a sharp eye if you’re on the road during that time. Turn off the radio and listen closely as children tend to be loud. Most importantly, slow down!
Happy Halloween from all of us here at Warsaw CDJR!
With winter just around the corner, it’s time to start thinking about how to prevent car rust for when the snow and salt hits the ground. Stop the salt from tearing apart your vehicle by following these simple tips to prevent car rust.
Wash Your Car Early
As fall comes to a close, it’s important that you was your car thoroughly and apply a fresh coat of wax to the paint to prevent any salt from attaching itself directly to the paint. ‘
Pay close attention to the undercarriage of your vehicle, and seal the brake and fuel lines to prevent them from corroding. If this happens, your safety is at risk.
Clean your vehicle periodically throughout the entire winter. One wash in the beginning of the winter simply is not enough to protect your car. When washing in the cold weather, heating up your vehicle and towel allows the wax to spread much easier.
If you are planning on washing your vehicle yourself, dry your car off thoroughly to prevent doors and hoods from freezing shut.
By following these few simple tips in the winter months, you will keep your vehicle from rusting out around the edges and causing you headaches down the line.
With so many options on the car market today, it can be tempting to purchase a vehicle without even thinking about what country it came from. However, there are many reasons to buy an American car. Just see the list below!
- Quality is Improving – One concern that people have had about American cars is that the quality was not up to par with foreign vehicles, but that is changing quickly. For example, in a J.D. Powerdependability study, Buick tied Jaguar at the top of the list.
- Style is Unmatched – While there are plenty of unique foreign cars, there aren’t very many that match the style of Camaros, Corvettes, Chargers, G8s, or Mustangs.
- Prices are Low – As they are still recovering from the controversy that surrounded them just a few years ago, the big three are winning customers back by offering their vehicles at much lower prices than their foreign counterparts, so it’s easy to get a bargain price on a quality car.
- Support Your Country – While some did not support the bailout, there’s no doubt that a thriving automotive industry in America would be great for the country. By buying American, you are supporting an industry that creates jobs for Americans.