The tires supporting your vehicle are one of its most vital assets, so it’s important to consider the unique hazards posed to tires during each season. Here are some fall tire maintenance tips to keep your tires in good shape this autumn:
- Be sure to regularly check your tire pressure, especially after long trips and after driving on dangerous roads. Keep them inflated to the indicated amount on the side of your car door or listed in your owner’s manual.
- Check out the tread on your tires – which will be more important than ever as you begin to drive through puddles and on slippery piles of leaves.
- When you wash your car, pay extra attention to the tires, which may have small twigs, leaves, and other fall sediment wedged into them.
- Drive slowly over fall debris, and keep in mind the risk of hydroplaning during fall showers.
- Lastly, be sure that your vehicle – and your tires – are being regularly inspected by a professional, to cover anything you may have missed.
How do you keep your tires in top shape during fall? Let us know your ideas in the comments.
Maybe you didn’t have time to read our article before something happened to your tires…well have no fear! Stop by Warsaw Buick GMC CDJR any time to get new tires for your vehicle!