The holidays are right around the corner so now is the time to make the proper travel arrangements. Outside of making arrangements, there are quite a few steps you can take to ensure a happy holiday. We here at Warsaw CDJR have some helpful Thanksgiving travel tips to make your holiday a relaxing one!
- Pack Light – Taking the time to pack light can save you some major hassle when packing the car or heading through airport security. It can also save you a good chunk of change on extra baggage fees. Take only what you need and ship things that aren’t necessary, like extra clothes, to your destination through the mail.
- Technology – Use technology to your advantage this holiday season. Flyers can access their flight information and other pertinent details through apps on their smartphone. Some apps even show users maps of the airport. Drivers can use navigation systems that provide real-time directions to avoid accidents and find the fastest route.
- Call Ahead – It’s understandable that you simply want to get to your destination as fast as possible but don’t forget to call ahead. Giving your hosts a 15-minute notice of your arrival will give them time to finish what they’re doing and reduce their stress as well as your own this holiday season.
Thanksgiving is a time for families and friends to come together over a wonderful meal and enjoy one another’s company. Unfortunately, you all have to come together first and that alone can be a major problem. Traveling during the holidays is never easy but there are things you can do to streamline your adventure. Here are some easy-to-follow Thanksgiving travel tips from us here at Warsaw Buick GMC!
- Pack Light – Whether you’re boarding a flight or hitting the road, packing light is one of the easiest ways to make traveling easier. Flyers can avoid expensive baggage fees by packing everything they need into a carry-on bag. Drivers can avoid the hassle of loading, shifting, and squeezing luggage into the car. Instead bringing everything you need, consider shipping your belongings to your destination through the mail. It’s cheaper and easier.
- Use Technology – Apps can do almost anything, including help navigate the roads. Navigation apps tend to use real-time information to plan your route. That means that sitting in congestion and traffic jams are a thing of the past – or they could be. Those who choose to fly can use airline apps to access flight information and see a full layout of some airports.
- Notify Hosts – A simple phone call telling your hosts when you’ll be arriving can relieve stress all around. Your hosts can finish what they’re doing and you can all kick back, relax, and catch up.
Your Warsaw, IN Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Dealer